counter statistics

Armenian Church of Saint Gregory
Inside

Internally the Church is circular and superimposed on a square plan with projecting porticos in a cruciform pattern. Externally the most outstanding features are beautifully proportioned Roman Doric columns and pilasters. In 1909 electric light and fans were installed in the Church, the first in Singapore to enjoy electricity.

See Related VRs

The Armenian Church in Hill Street is credited with being the oldest church in Singapore. Completed in 1836 and designed by colonial architect, George Coleman, the church is regarded as Coleman’s masterpiece and is dedicated to St Gregory the Illuminator. It is designated as a national monument.

Armenian Church of St. Gregory the Illuminator Singapore
60 Hill Street
Singapore 179366

singapore@armeniansinasia.org
www.armeniansinasia.org

Back to previous page

Go to main map